Twisted Thread is a newsletter that will inform you about the various shows organized by a small company in the UK called Creative Exhibitions.
The company may be small, but the shows are definitely NOT. For instance:
- —The Festival of Quilts is the largest quilt show in Europe.
- —The Knitting and Stitching Show is the best textiles exhibition in Europe.
At least, that is what I am told on the Twisted Thread website. And having spent some time exploring many links on this site, I found a lot of fodder for my inquiring mind (it does seem to be its own animal much of the time).
Here are a few highlights:
- ~Owen Davies and the Embroidered Knot Gardens. Davies has a book out by the same name.
- ~Gallery for the Festival of Quilts, 2008 (I will be following the work of Bente Vold Klausen).
- ~Features of the upcoming Knit and Stitching Show (October, 2009), including Kerry Mosley, who describes her technique as follows:
I use my own technique of machine stitching onto knitted wire to create both large scale and smaller decorative wall hangings and framed pieces that I hope are both pleasing on the eye and increasingly thought provoking.