You know how you have the quilt all stitched and painted, and then think of an important element you’d like to add: maybe a feather, a leaf, a mandala. But if you collage it on now, it will look so out of place! Well, I have developed a method I talked about in Quilting Arts Issue 33, where I stitch a paper element and add it as an after-the fact applique that will look as if it always belonged wherever you put it!
- Printed or photocopied images (keep fairly simple)
- Your favorite acrylic paints
- Any other paint or surface coloring agent you enjoy
- Gesso (white & black)
- Dimensional paint (white & black)
- Gloss medium (liquid)
- Matte or semi-gloss medium (gel),
- A variety of paint brushes.
- Foam brushes, in the smallest size, if you have them.
- Hand sewing needles
- White and black polyester thread
- A thimble